A range of free online courses are available for parents and teenagers living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. The courses cover concerns that parents often face with children, from before they are born to early adulthood, including physical and mental health, understanding their feelings and how to build better relationships. There are also course for teenagers to help them understand their brain development and why they feel the way they do, to help support their wellbeing.
The courses include the same content as you would receive in a typical face-to-face parenting group run by health visitors. They are available in 108 languages, with voiceovers in English and Urdu. Each course has a number of different components, and they can be accessed at any time and any place.
The courses include:
- Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child – 0-19 years
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your teenager
- Understanding your teenager’s brain
- Understanding your brain
- Understanding your child’s feelings
- Understanding your child’s mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding your relationships
All courses are free to access for anyone with an LLR postcode. Users just need to create an account first. More details, including how to register and access the courses, are available at: https://inourplace.co.uk/leicestershire/.