All GP practices are now able to offer patients a range of online services to provide more choice and convenience for routine requests and appointments.
By signing up you’ll also be able to use the NHS website or the NHS app to:
• get health advice
• book or cancel appointments online
• order repeat prescriptions online
• view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
• view clinical correspondence such as hospital discharge summaries, outpatient appointment letters and referral letters
• Contact your practice for advice or support
• Get your COVID pass.
The service is free and available to everyone who is registered with a GP practice.
Online services have the added benefit of helping to improve the service you receive from your practice in other areas, such as reducing the volume of calls to the practice reception so you can speak to someone when you need to more quickly.
You can start using online services by creating an NHS account online or through the NHS app. Visit www.nhs.uk/nhs-app to find out more. It is available to download on iOS and Android devices.
Your practice may also offer additional online services, for example for contacting the practice, consulting with a health professional or getting advice. Visit your practice website to find out what is available.