Dental Care

Dental care is carried out by a dentist.  Please do not visit Accident and Emergency or a GP practices for problems with your teeth. You will not be seen and will be asked to contact a dental practice instead.

Urgent dental care

If you have an urgent dental problem or you are in extreme pain, then please contact your usual dental practice for advice and treatment. After 5pm weekday evenings, weekends and bank holidays you should contact NHS 111.

If you do not have a regular dental practice, then call a local practice to access urgent treatment or advice as required. You can find a list of dental practices using the search tool below.

Routine dental care

For routine dental care, such as a check-up, or if it’s not urgent, contact your usual dental practice. 

If you do not have a regular dental practice, then contact any local practice. Search for a dentist opposite.

Search below for a dentist near you. Click the drop-down arrow underneath ‘Service’ and select Dentist from the list. 


Get in the know logo. Blue irregular oval shape containing the words Get in the Know in white text.
Get in the know about local dental services and get the right care as quickly as possible.
Skip to content